Search This Blog

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Mystery Radio in Background

Hear a Mystery Radio in the Background?

No, its Not Galactic Frequencies.


I just heard a caller on CoastToCoastAM with Ian Punnet. (Nov. 23, 2012) who heard a radio in the background and was trying to figure out what it is.

I heard the same thing and was thinking I had a tooth filling, or a piece of metal in the house that picked up the radio station (like a crystal radio).

After years of hearing it, I finally discovered what it was.

My refrigerator!

After a cooling cycle, the freon (?) boils in the cooling coils as they warm making the hissing and buzzing sound exactly as the caller described, making the mystery radio sound.

Now I subconsciously listen for the cycle to occur again 'cause its sooooo coool!

SOLVED!!!!

P.S. This caller also suffered a minor case of tinnitus.  I suffer varying degrees of it depending on where I am and what I have turned on.  I have almost eliminated mine (which got quite loud at times) by getting rid of the new florescent light bulbs in the house and wrapping aluminum screening around my smart meter.,  I have a few of these curly-cue bulbs in the house and every time I turn them on I suffer tinnitus for a few hours afterward.  A cashier at a local store had to move to a bedroom farthest away from her "Smart Meter" to get some tinnitus relief.  I believe the transmitters in the new Smart Meter Compliant devices in our homes are a major source of tinnitus.

Good bye, aluminum foil hat.  Hello aluminum foil earmuffs.

No comments: