Search This Blog

Saturday, September 17, 2011

My Paradigm (For now.)

A Comment I Made on Another Post.
(Edited)


As I read the comments here, my paradigm looks familiar. We all have our paradigms. 

Everyone has those ground breaking "AHA'S" throughout their lives.

Life is a problem/solution process.  Not all "solutions" are perfect, but our existence proves they worked.


I have this feeling that, as we all go through this process of learning here, we will all have our own unique "essence" that fits our own existence with a common drive for more happiness, security, and personal value.... we all want that!


The following comments I'll make here is my paradigm... 
no one else's.
 I am not preaching here to get anyone to see things the way I do.

We are all unique and must find our own path to happiness and survival.




The concept of "wealth" fascinates me.
Many of us feel that wealth means money (which is a paper representation of value) that one can use as proof of their own personal value.  The more "money" someone has, the more they feel they have/provide value.


However, my paradigm says
 (and it won't be your paradigm) 

My value is provided by helping my "group" (family, neighborhood, city, state, nation, world) to survive more comfortably. The more I can help my "group" survive, the more value my group gives to me. In other words, the more value you can give to others, the more indispensable  you are to your group which will cause them to assure your own existence/happiness. Remember the phrase "What goes around, comes around"? I feel none of us do this by intent, it just works out that way.


Oh! How different (yet the same) we all are!

Each of us are motivated by the need to be "valued".

We all pursue things to assure our own value to others in our own way(s), be it kindness, getting noticed by doing crazy unusual things, or by positioning ourselves in a place where others cannot do well without us.


No one can provide value through force.

A lot of the problems we face in this world is due to a governing bodies  that want to force you to be someone  they think you should be. (Clumsy, but I think you'll get the point.)


We are all different.

I applaud anyone who is not afraid to be their own person.
Like my daughter said after I asked her (when she was a teenager) why she didn't want to wear the same clothes that her classmates wore.


Here's what she said which made me so proud of her,

"I don't care what others wear, I wear what I like to wear. I'm Heather!"


So, at the end of this I wish you all the best in finding your own paradigm that will bring you happiness, your own sense of value, and your own kind of "wealth".


Eric




No comments: