Search This Blog

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Our Fantastic Representatives


I sent this email to Congressman Stephen Fincher via his web portal.. 


 Let's see if I get a response that makes sense.

Message Subject: THE RIGHT TO MURDER
Message Text:
I had a conversation with my electric company about a month ago when I was in financial trouble. I called them to expect full payment for my electric bill one day after the due date because of the "PayBill" service at my bank said it would take 5 business days for my payment to get to the electric company. The due date was four business days away. I was told that if they did not get their payment ON THE DUE DATE THEY WOULD CUT OFF MY ELECTRICITY. (With the flick of a switch with their new SMART METER system.) I told them if you shut off my electricity, you'll kill me because I will have no water and the nearest water source was a fetid creek five miles away. I am a heart patient, and at the time, my car was not working. They told me, regardless of my condition, they will shut off my electricity. I asked to talk with someone else and got the same answer from 3 separate departments. They will shut off my electricity. I asked them about people in iron lungs or oxygen machines... if you shut off electricity to them, you'll kill them... They said to me that if they do not pay by the due date, they will shut off the electricity. THIS IS WRONG!!!! THEY HAVE THE RIGHT TO MURDER SOMEONE WITHOUT ANY CONSEQUENCE!!! I suggest that there be a law that requires a public utility to check on the condition of anyone before they shut off their electrical service. No one in this country has the right to murder (let alone threaten someone's life). Yet it seems Dickson Electric thinks it can. Eric

I've sent similar letters to my senator with absolutely no response except an automated email talking about the issues of the day.  If I call, I get..."Sorry, we can't help you."

The ONLY TIME I HEAR FROM MY REPRESENTATIVES is when they are asking for campaign donations!

No comments: