Search This Blog

Saturday, June 23, 2012

Not Afraid to Look the Fool!

 NOTE: See followup after this article.......

I called Dr. Electric on WTN today and asked if I could talk about the smart meter, and if not, that's OK.

His response was that he wasn't familiar with them. (HUH?) and I mentioned Sen. Alexander's allowing EPA regulations to stay in place meaning we'll all have to pay up to 27% more for our electricity.,  I remember if he installed LED systems to keep electrical cost down.. couldn't remember what he said..

Then!!  I shared my wet T-shirt way to keep cool... and I was surprised at how comfortable I was.  I told him that I had not had my air conditioner on yet this summer and have been surprisingly comfortable... I was my own swamp cooler....

Dr. Electric said something on the order of "Hey, you're going to put me out of business."

And as I was going to say it was a great opportunity for him... WTN hung up on me, and I heard them LAUGHING at me!!!   HA HA HA HA   WET T-SHIRT....

Here's my take on this.... He doesn't see the opportunity for himself, and he will ridicule anyone who might impact his profits.

Here he is giving absolutely, wonderfully expensive and labor intensive solutions where there are much easier and cheaper ways for listeners to solve their problems.

Why is it people cannot see solutions beyond what might be the consequence of a change in the way we do things?

I am not afraid of being called a fool... Turns out, Dr. Electric made a fool of himself.  A lot of his listeners were talking about reducing expenses...  and they heard me.

And to promote Christ Jesus after the end of the show seems sorta out of place, doesn't it?

Update: June 28, 2012.. Still comfortable, learning some more tricks, saving a ton of money. Highest outdoor thermometer reading 105.8 F.

Update: June 30, 2012

I listened to the Dr. Electric show today, and they read my email response to the "ridicule" I perceived.  Not a word was edited out....  THIS IS A GOOD THING and this tells me these guys are OK.

I sent a thank you email with some more comments and Dr. Electric professionally and kindly responded to my email.  He also followed up with more information regarding cooling off with a fan blowing over container of ice.  This is true professionalism!!!


No comments: